How to Care for Your New Mattress
- One of the most common causes of mattress failure is that it is not supported with a good or proper foundation. A good mattress must be matched with an equally good, strong and stable foundation in order for it to retain its support and shape. Our foundations are not made with springs. Please consult our sales personnel to see which foundation best complements the mattress of your choice.
- The frame should also be durable and able to support both the mattress and the weight of the people on it. Therefore, as a general rule of thumb, please ensure that you use a 4-legged bed frame for Single or Double sets, and 6-legged deluxe bed frame with a centre support for a Queen or King size set.
- For warranty reasons or in case we have to re-work your mattress, we advise you to use a good quality, highly absorbent mattress protector (for example, a Foamite Healthguard mattress protector) to keep the covering of your mattress fresh and clean. Please refrain from washing your cover or from applying any form of liquid to the mattress cover.
- Unlike spring mattresses that you cannot bend, or else it will void your warranty, you can bend foam mattresses. If you do bend a Foamite mattress to transport it from one location to another, please make sure that you unfold it once you get there and that you do not leave it folded for long periods of time. If you leave it folded for extended periods of time some grades will leave a crease in the mattress, where it was folded.
- The mattress handles are strictly for adjusting the position of the mattress only and should never be used to lift, move or turn the mattress. The handles are not designed to support the weight of the mattress and may in fact be torn out.
- If you are unsure of how you should treat your Foamite mattress, please consult our sales personnel who will be happy to assist you further.